Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How do I sell my house “as-is”?


Well first you read my blog post titled, As a seller is it legal to sell your house ‘As-is’?

Do you want to know what my answer is to that question? My answer is yes and no. You can sell your house ‘as-is’ so long as you make all the proper disclosures. In other words you can sell as is but you just have to tell the buyers what’s wrong with your house. They can assume all those nasty defect costs but you can’t sell without first letting them know via the disclosure statement what is wrong with it.

The problem is with how people think about their duties when they try to sell a house ‘as-is’. As-is doesn’t mean that as the seller you have absolutely no duties. It simply means the buyers buy without regard to defects. But that doesn’t change the sellers’ duty under the Iowa law. Seller still must fill out the disclosure form in an honest manner.

Make sense? It should. If it doesn’t call Katrina or I. We are both lawyers and I’m also a licensed real estate broker.

See Seller Disclosure Statements, Steve Lombardi


I’ll carry this on our two blogs, the Iowa Real Estate Lawyer on Blogspot and the Lombardi Law Firm blog titled The Verdict


8 comments:

  1. Your Work is exellent it's helpful for me also check my post!!!

    sell my house & how to sell your house & house buyers

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK first take a good look at your self. What do you like what do you not like so much. Work on that which you do not like. But do not listen to other people their opinions do not matter only yours does. Work on having the attitude that this is who you’re and if they don’t like it they can go to hell. https://www.eliaandponto.com/michigan-auto-accident-lawyer/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx https://www.gpwlaw-mi.com/mesotheliomalawfirm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! lemon law lawyers los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article. new car totaled not at fault

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Sell My House

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Blog!!!, I Really appreciate your work about Real Estate Lawyer. Thanks and keep it up.

    To know more, you can visit here: Sell My House Fast

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is Helpful post. Thinking how to Sell My House faster? Visit RealEstateCake online and list you house for sale and get a call from potential buyer.

    ReplyDelete